Monday, February 3, 2014

Andina

Sharry and I met at Andina for brunch and after remembering that it was National Pisco Sour Day, thanks to Mr Hyde, ordered one each:
pisco 
I should tell you -- Andina has a LOT of quinoa-based dishes on their menu. Of course, I realize that quinoa has roots in Peru (ha. yes, I know it's a seed), but I didn't realize that it would be so ubiquitous on this menu! So if you love quinoa, you're in luck. But if you don't, then your options are more limited, but those options did look good as well. For our mains, Sharry had the quinoa burger (which I did actually kind of like) and I had the Scallop and wild mushroom omelette with sourdough toast:
Omelet de Conchas y Setas
Omelet de Conchas y Setas
I liked the omelette and the cheese inside with that sourdough, as well as the wild mushrooms, but all in all, I suppose it was kind of basic, since I wasn't a huge fan of scallops with an omelette. And I really have a thing about ordering something that I could make myself. Feels like a waste. Oh well, you live and you learn.
Then we split una Lengua De Suegra:
Lengua De Suegra
which is a Peruvian filo pastry with a dulce de leche filling
I see 'leche' and immediately construct 'tres' before it in my mind even if it says 'dulce de' and then when it comes, I realize the terrible mistake I've made yet again. Tres >>> Dulce de, for me. But that pecan ice cream was reeeeeeeeeeeeally good. Def my fave thing at Andina.
For dinner, Sarah made Jap Chae - a family recipe of a friend of hers - maybe she'll tell you about it if you're lucky :) But you should know - it was really yummy!!
jap chae

No comments:

Post a Comment