Monday, September 2, 2013

I made it up!

I used to be more of a throw-it-all-in-the-pan kind of girl. If I liked the food/flavors, what could go wrong?? But ever since Sarah introduced me to seriouseats.com, I've been a bit of a slave to recipes because there are just so many good ones out there!

But last week, we ate in a bit more and ended up just doing from-our-head recipes. James made us these great salads last week that had pretty much everything I like in them:

Corn? good. Shrimp? good.  Balsamic? goooood. Gobbled it right up! 

Then on the weekend, I made this:
Quail egg, chorizo, gherkin croissant!
Instructions:
1. Go on an 11.1 mile hike and pick up 1 dozen quail eggs from an honor system farm's roadside box:
2. Get a couple of links of chorizo, a few gherkins and croissants.
3. Crack the dozen eggs into a frying pan, but be reeeeally careful if you want the yolks to stay whole! My success rate was only at 33%. Because they are so small, when you put your thumb in to further the crack, you kind of almost always break the yolk, so be careful!
4. Make the chorizo as the package says to. Mine said to bake it? I was surprised, but it was delish.
5. Toast your croissants in the oven for a couple of minutes.
6. Put a few sliced gherkies on there, add the chorizo (easier if it's split in half, lengthwise), and then add half of your giant amalgamation of 1 dozen quail eggs and enjoy. 

The buttery croissant makes it moist enough that you don't really need sauce, but mustard was kind of nice with it on a few bites too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment